Key Action Areas:
Quality Assurance. Contribute to the quality of existing master programs:
Academic programs have a complexity on several levels that require coordination and follow up in many areas that affect students, faculty, other IE departments along with the School of Architecture and Design itself, including a team of staff (coordinators and assistants) and external academic directors. There are numerous procedures and data to be gathered, analyzed and input for the programs to run smoothly. The Associate Director is familiar with these processes and takes actions to ensure that they are completed according to the established calendar. Key tasks include:
- Planning of program structure
- Support in development of metasyllabus and syllabus
- Support faculty and directors with materials in Blackboard Ultra (LMS)
- Coordination of team of coordinators and assistants
- Be point of contact for specific school events in coordination with Associate Dean to make sure all events run properly and school is properly represented in front of all its stakeholders.
- Run Academic Masterclasses in coordination with admissions/global recruitment, and Marketing department,
- Support specifically tailored activities to recruit prospective students for one of its ongoing academic programs.
- Identify ways to improve the student experience and improve the quality assurance of programs.
- Onboarding new team members when necessary
Establish and Implement clear communication pathways to support the quality of programs and the growth of the School:
- This includes the following departments:
- Global markets
- IE student Campus Life
- Registrar Office
- Sustainability office
- Other Schools
- Assisting in the preparation of presentations, articles, and/or speeches geared toward internal and external stakeholders.
- Coordinating academic and commercially tailored events in collaboration with partner companies/organizations.
- Coordinate operational budgets
- Work through existing partnerships.
- Identify new ones for a range of sectors: entertainment, arts, business, design and architecture, gastronomy, for sponsorships, volunteer engagement and advocacy to help achieve the goals of the School. Once established, maintain good working relationships and collaborative arrangements with them.